Current Internship Opportunity
Marketing and Communications Intern Job Description
About Face-To-Face Colorado:
Face-to-Face Colorado is a nonprofit organization that seeks to foster an empowered and connected community of youth with cleft lip and palate and their families across Colorado. We work with youth born with clefts, their families, friends and care providers to ensure they have the resources to thrive and be agents of social change. Visit www.FaceToFaceColorado.org for more information.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: Face-To-Face Colorado seeks to hire a dynamic, independent, self-starter with experience in marketing or event support to help communicate the Face-to-Face mission and promote events and programs. This is an excellent opportunity with unlimited potential for a motivated individual who seeks to increase experience in marketing and advertising, strategic communications, website development, social media management, event management and promotion, and nonprofit programming and development.
- Collaborate with the organization’s founders and board of directors on strategic communications, brand development, and community outreach initiatives to increase brand and mission awareness in the community among individuals with cleft lip and/or palate, their families, and medical professionals.
- Assist with event planning, event management, and coordinate communications to increase attendance at three large community events.
- Assist in planning, writing and sending the monthly electronic newsletter
- Monitor and maintain the organization’s social media presence according to brand standards
- Update and maintain the Face-to-Face Colorado website
- Act as project manager for website redesign
- Pitch stories and draft relevant press releases on organizational news, events, and other newsworthy stories
- Assist with the design and distribution of marketing and event materials
- Facilitate strategic community relations tasks to increase awareness and referrals, ultimately growing Face-To-Face Colorado’s network of supporters.
- Assist in the creation of a donor and supporter cultivation plan
- Enthusiasm for communications and community relations and a willingness to learn the craft
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Face-to-Face Colorado and the families we serve
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field, such as Business/Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet navigation. Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3-6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week
Compensation: $100 per month stipend
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to info@FaceToFaceColorado.org.
Face-to-Face Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ethnicity, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.