16 Jun 2017 Colorado Cleft Conference
he Face-To-Face Colorado Cleft Conference is a half-day, educational conference for families, caregivers, and children affected by cleft lip and/or palate. Learn about medical and non-medical issues that will impact your child’s development and health and connect with fellow parents and local providers.
Face-To-Face Colorado Cleft Conference
April 22, 2017
8:30am to 1pm
Lowry Conference Center
1061 Akron Way, Bldg 697, Denver, CO 80230
- Keynote address on “Embracing Life’s Challenges” by speaker, author, and consultant, Rachel Kodanaz
- Insurance Talk by Dayle Axman from the Colorado Division of Insurance
- Round-table discussions on speech, orthodontics, plastic surgery, and handling stress
- Panel of “real-life experts,” individuals born with cleft lip and/or palate
- Free childcare (advanced registration required)
see full schedule and descriptions below
Children with clefts and their siblings will participate in team building activities, play games, and share their stories with certified child care professionals. At registration, please provide your child’s name, age, and indicate if they have any special needs. Advanced registration is required.
Though this conference is geared towards families, providers, teachers, and other community members are also welcome to learn with us.
$25 per individual in advance
$30 at the door
If cost is prohibitive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register with a scholarship.
8:30-9:00 Check-in + Coffee
9:00-10:30 Large group sessions:
“Embracing Life’s Challenges”
by Rachel Kodanaz, local speaker and author
“Colorado Cleft Palate Bill: what it is and what it isn’t”
by Dayle Axman, Colorado Division of Insurance
10:30-11:45 Round Table Discussions (two rounds)
- Handling Stress
- Speech therapy and what to expect
- Everything you wanted to know about Plastic Surgery
- Orthodontics and what to expect
11:50-12:30 Panel of “real-life” teen and adult experts
1:00 Conference concludes
1:00 – 1:30 Child pick-up
The purpose of this conference is to foster community building and provide a single location for families to gather information and resources. Scholarships for the conference are also available! Contact us at email@example.com for more information or consider donating at check out to help send someone to the conference or to support other outreach efforts by Face-To-Face Colorado.
We look forward to seeing you there!